Breeze Wednesday: Baildon village & Shipley Glen circular
Wednesday 10th July at 7.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||5 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The bandstand, Robert's Park, Saltaire, Shipley, Bradford, BD17 7LU Parking on Coach Road, Baildon; alternatively park in Saltaire village and use access bridges across the Canal and the River Aire to Robert's Park. There is a station on Victoria Road, Saltaire. BD17 7LU
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Bradford
Join me for this short, but exhilarating, scenic road ride across Baildon Moor and Shipley Glen. If you want to try out some hill-climbing this is a good place to start.
Starting at the Bandstand in Robert's Park- where we'll do a bike check - we'll begin by tackling the path beside the tramway up towards shipley Glen; we'll then turn off along Lucy Hall Drive towards Baildon village. Once in Baildon village we'll take the road onto the moor and then back towards Shipley Glen. This ride is on-road all the way. It's a nice, straightforward route with some great views.
This is a moor-top ride and there are hills, which we can tackle at a slow pace, or on foot if necessary - we'll go at the pace of the slowest rider. It's a relatively easy ride on a fairly well-surfaced road. The road can get busy at times. The total length of the ride is around 5 miles. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to try out a short road ride with a bit of oomph!
We will aim to have a refreshment stop at the end of the ride, in Saltaire.
All women are welcome on this ride whatever your level of ability or experience - just as long as you have access to a bike and are able to ride it! We welcome newcomers to our rides.
What to bring
You need to have a bike that is in good working order and to dress appropriately for the weather: several thin layers are good, so you can add/remove them as needed; a shower-proof jacket might come in handy too! Wearing a helmet is advisable. Please bring some water, maybe a snack to top up your energy levels
and some money for a cafe stop.
Contact tel. number 07725 743305.
I look forward to meeting you and riding with you!
- Starting Point
- The bandstand, Robert's Park, Saltaire, Shipley, Bradford, BD17 7LU Parking on Coach Road, Baildon; alternatively park in Saltaire village and use access bridges across the Canal and the River Aire to Robert's Park. There is a station on Victoria Road, Saltaire.
- Starting Postcode
- BD17 7LU
Meet the Champions
- Anna Green
- Liz Hills
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Greenway Plodder - Christmas special||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Allwheelley Ride - Visit to the Christmas Market||Sunday 15th December at 11.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Leeds 17 to Thorner Xmas Ride||Saturday 14th December at 1.30pm||Women Only||Read More|