Seafront to Rottingdean
Friday 5th July at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||8 Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Peace Statue (the angel) on the seafront, Kingsway, Brighton, Hove, BN3 2WN Opposite the Embassy Court building and in front of The Meeting Place Cafe BN3 2WN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Brighton
Feel the sea air on your face with a ride along the seafront and cake in Ovingdean or Rottingdean.
This is a gentle ride along Brighton seafront. Using the Sustrans National Route 2, we'll use seafront cycle paths to get from the Peace Statue at the border between Brighton and Hove to the outdoor cafe on the under cliff path in Ovingdean or a cafe in Rottingdean (and then back again after some of their delicious cake!).
The route is all flat, but the wind can make cycling in one direction a bit harder than the other.
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind. If you want to see what the route is like, here's a video we made when we rode this as a family friendly ride in February: http://youtu.be/T2nwqoQmXpQ
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack (though we will be stopping at a cafe for cake and a drink!). Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too!
Look forward to seeing you there.
- Starting Point
- Peace Statue (the angel) on the seafront, Kingsway, Brighton, Hove, BN3 2WN Opposite the Embassy Court building and in front of The Meeting Place Cafe
- Starting Postcode
- BN3 2WN
Meet the Champions
- Alison Lewis
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|SANTA CYCLE - Henfield to Shoreham Airport - Downs Link||Saturday 14th December at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Henfield to Shoreham Airport - Downs Link Cycle Route||Saturday 28th December at 8.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Christmas Worth Way Wanderer||Sunday 22nd December at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|