Ice Cream on the Prom
Monday 26th August at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|35 Mins||5 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
North East Lincolnshire
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Meridian Park - Main Gates Kings Road DN35 8NX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 15 mins (35 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in North East Lincolnshire
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
The route goes along the coast where some wonderful views across the Humber can be seen with ships passing in both directions and if a clear day Spurn lighthouse, the Humber forts and the Yorkshire coastline can be observed.
Continuing along the costal path from the Fitties and towards Cleethorpes we will pass from the southern hemisphere to the northern part as we cross the Meridian line and onwards to the promenade where we will stop for a tasty ice cream before making our way back to the Meridian Park
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome. Those under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated, you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Meridian Park, Pay and Display.
- Nearest Train Station
- Cleethorpes Train Station, located at halfway stage of ride
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at At start there is MacDonalds and KFC. Halfway there are public toilets on Sea Road
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Paul Barron
- Steven Snell
- Richard Pell
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Sunday 30th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Tour of Leicester||Sunday 9th March at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|
|The delights of Aylestone||Sunday 9th March at 10.00am||Steady||Read More|