Clapham Common to Hyde Park and Brompton Cemetery
Friday 14th June at 9.45am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||11 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office. SW4 7AJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 45 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RIDE STARTS ON CLAPHAM COMMON, BUT FINISHES ON ST JOHNS HILL IN WANDSWORTH.
Starting at the Bandstand on Clapham Common, we will head down to Battersea Park, and over the River Thames on the lovely Albert Bridget. Then we weave our way through the back streets of Chelsea, Belgravia and Knightsbridge to enter Hyde Park and do a loop up to Hyde Park Corner, along the Serpentine and over to the Round Pond.
We'll leave Hyde Park near Kensington Palace, and then take quiet residential streets through South Kensington before cycling through the unusual surroundings of Brompton Cemetery. whose elaborate Victorian gravestones and buildings have hosted a number of films including scenes in Goldeneye, The Wings of the Dove and Johnny English.
We then go past Imperial Wharf and Chelsea Harbour before crossing the river again at Wandsworth Bridge and finishing our ride at the Birdhouse Cafe on St John's Hill, where those who wish may enjoy a coffee and really delicious cakes.....
This ride is all on tarmac, and mostly flat other than a short climb up to St John's Hill at the end, so suitable for all types of bikes.
Be aware that the sections between Battersea Park and Hyde Park, and between Kensington Gardens and Brompton Cemetery can get quite busy with cars, vans and taxis. We do our best to find the quietest route possible, avoiding main thoroughfares and bus routes as far as possible. However this ride does go through central London, and inevitably on a weekday morning there will be some traffic.
Be prepared for wet weather e.g. warm gloves and socks, and a waterproof jacket.
We'll look forward to seeing you there!
Judith and Michelle and Georgina
- Starting Point
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office.
- Starting Postcode
- SW4 7AJ
Meet the Champions
- Judith Kent
- Georgina Busch
- Michelle Miller
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill||Monday 28th April at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Herne Hill Velodrome - Wheels for Wellbeing||Monday 28th April at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Velodrome and Beyond||Monday 28th April at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|