CLOSED RIDE THRELKELD
Friday 24th May at 11.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||18 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Starting from the southern part of Threlkeld where the old miners cottages are CA12 4TT
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Allerdale
The ride will be a trip down St John's in the Vale, and alongside the shore of Thirlemere, returning via the same route.
We will do a bike and clothing check, some warm up exercises, get used to being on our bikes and how to use our gears and brakes, prior to setting off
Optional tea stop on the way back (this and the intro are included in the total time, so this may be shorter if group chooses not to stop)
Postcode is for quarry as starting on un-named road - participants will be emailed details
It’s a good idea to bring some water, snack to keep you going and money for if we stop at a cafe.
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
- Starting Point
- Starting from the southern part of Threlkeld where the old miners cottages are
- Starting Postcode
- CA12 4TT
Meet the Champions
- Miriam Porter