Lock and Quay
Saturday 7th September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|240 Mins||23 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Winstanley Bikes, Unit 9, Martland Court, Challenge Way, Wigan. WN5 0LU Coming far? The nearest train stations are Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate approximately 15 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website. WN5 0LU
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 5 hours 0 mins (4 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
This ride is just under 23 miles in total along the Leeds Liverpool Canal starting in Wigan. We’ll stop midway stop at Lock and Quay, Chorley where we will sample the menu and stop for lunch.
The first part of the ride is a climb taking in all the locks from the bottom lock all the way to Top Lock at Aspull with the path almost all the way made from imprinted concrete. From there the canal twists and turns with the towpath very flat until we take the lunchtime stop.
The path can get muddy and have a few puddles in places, especially if we have had rain but are suitable for mountain bikes.
This is a longer ride than usual but will ride to the slowest rider and can have rest stops should we need them as we head to Chorley.
Helmets are advised to be worn and if you have a spare inner tube please bring along as this is easier than trying to repair a puncture (especially if it is raining) but don't let this stop you taking part.
This ride is a popular one so please book on the website to secure your place as ride leaders are limited to 8 riders per leader
Please bring a drink with you and any snacks you may require along the way.
Bike hire is available at £10 from Winstanley Cycles but you must organise this prior to the ride. Please email me to arrange.
Please log on www.breezebikerides.com and register on the ride to secure a place
Any questions contact Sandra via email: email@example.com
For more information on rides near you please see our North West Facebook pages:
Don’t forget…. Breeze are on a mission to spread the word about their rides, and need your help. If you introduce one friend who goes on to take part in a Breeze ride, you’ll receive a Breeze water bottle, introduce a second friend, you’ll be the proud owner of one of their swish Breeze Buffs, and introduce a third friend and Breeze will send you £15 of Love2Shop vouchers. Read the article on the homepage for more information.
- Starting Point
- Winstanley Bikes, Unit 9, Martland Court, Challenge Way, Wigan. WN5 0LU Coming far? The nearest train stations are Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate approximately 15 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website.
- Starting Postcode
- WN5 0LU
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Louise Head
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Astley Amble||Saturday 19th April at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Bottom to the Top||Tuesday 22nd April at 6.30pm||Women and Children||Read More|
|Breeze Challenge Ride for Women - Dunham Dauphiné||Sunday 27th April at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|