Saturday 3rd August at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|240 Mins||20 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Winstanley Bikes, Unit 9, Martland Court, Challenge Way, Wigan. WN5 0LU Coming far? The nearest train stations are Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate approximately 15 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website. WN5 0LU
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 5 hours 30 mins (4 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
We’ll meet canal side, starting near Wigan Pier at the Trencherfield Mill site at the bottom lock. The ride is approximately 22 miles along the flat towpath of the Leeds Liverpool Canal heading to Burscough Wharf, where we will stop have lunch and take a well earned rest before the return journey commences. The path is partly paved but then does become the traditional canal side path so mountain bikes are best suited to this terrain, especially if we have had rain previously. Hybrids have been used on this ride but please be aware of the changing terrain in the wet.
Bring plenty of snacks and a drink as this is a long ride and advisable to dress for the British weather with plenty of spare clothing just in case. Helmets are advisable and it is a good idea to bring a spare inner tube along but don't worry if you haven't got one.
Children are welcome on this ride as long as they can do the distance and MUST wear a helmet or will not be allowed to take part.
If the weather is particularly bad and the path has become water logged the ride will be reduced to 17 miles stopping at Parbold.
This ride is a popular one so please log on the website to secure you place as we are limited to 8 riders per leader.
We always ride to the slowest of the group as this is a social, friendly bike ride, where you can get fit, have fun and make lots of friends.
Bike hire is available at £10 from Winstanley Cycles but you must organise this prior to the ride. Please email me to arrange.
Please log on www.breezebikerides.com and register on the ride to secure a place
Any questions contact Sandra via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on rides near you please see our North West Facebook pages:
- Starting Point
- Winstanley Bikes, Unit 9, Martland Court, Challenge Way, Wigan. WN5 0LU Coming far? The nearest train stations are Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate approximately 15 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website.
- Starting Postcode
- WN5 0LU
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Louise Head
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Bottom to the Top||Tuesday 22nd April at 6.30pm||Women and Children||Read More|
|Breeze Challenge Ride for Women - Dunham Dauphiné||Sunday 27th April at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Arrrgghh me hearties, Ride the Plank||Monday 28th April at 6.30pm||Women and Children||Read More|