Carsington Beginners Breeze
Tuesday 18th June at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||6 Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Carsington Water Cycle Hire Centre in Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 1ST DE6 1ST
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Breeze Bike Rides in Derbyshire Dales
Tuesday morning rides to encourage Ladies and Mum's with young children on bike seats or in trailers to get cycling in a traffic free friendly environment. Enabling the building of bike handling confidence away from the added worry of traffic. Heading in an anti clockwise direction from the cycle hire at Carsington Water, passed the visitors centre, beyond the childrens playground and on towards the dam wall. Taken at a leisurely pace governed by the slowest participant in a friendly and relaxed environment on an excellent surfaced, off road trail.
Please dress appropriate for the weather and in lose comfortable clothing. (Trouser legs should not be too flapping) It is highly recommended that all should wear cycling helments but if you do not have 1 as a total beginner do not let it stop you coming along... (UNDER 18 must wear cycling helmet to participate on ride!) perhaps if you get the cycling bug then you can look to make it your first cycling kit purchase.
There will be opportunity for a coffee stop at the end of the ride, so please remember to bring along some money for this if you wish.
Whilst it is an easy gentle ride suitable for complete beginners participates should be in good general health (if you do have any concerns re cycling please consult your GPs advice before taking part.)
So for a fun cycling morning please join us and why not bring a friend along too!
- Starting Point
- Carsington Water Cycle Hire Centre in Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 1ST
- Starting Postcode
- DE6 1ST
Meet the Champions
- Alison Glithero
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|April Hilly - Winnats Pass Climb (Sportive Training)||Saturday 26th April at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Chesterfield Five Pits Trail||Saturday 26th April at 2.30pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Derbyshire Pancake Ride||Saturday 26th April at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|