Riding from Bowness-on-Windermere O'er the hills and Far Sawrey
Wednesday 28th August at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||9 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
The Lake District
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Ferry Nab Car Park off the B5285 in Bowness-on-Windermere Off A592 LA23 3JH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in The Lake District
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Short but sweet, this route is an absolute blast for all... With a couple of cheeky climbs in to wake you up! The views up towards the Central and Eastern Fells are breathtaking and well worth any effort! The winding roads that lead you through the shrouded woodland are a joy to cycle, you wouldn't believe there were thousands of people only a few miles away. Let them stay there, as you discover what The Lake District really has to offer!
Local Bike Hire
Windermere Canoe & Kayak, tel 015394 44451 prior to the ride to book your bike.
Electric Mountain, tel 07407 422798 prior to the ride to book your bike.
Ferry tickets are included as part of the free guided ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start / finish point Ferry Nab Car Park Bowness-on-Windermere, pay and display. When ferry Nab car park is full use Braithwaite Fold, accessed via Glebe Road
- Nearest Train Station
- Windermere Station, 2.5 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Thomas Howarth
- Matthew Whitehead
- Helen Singleton
Rider Comments on the Route
Good route, apart from the incredible steep incline which wasn't suitable for all levels of cyclists as majority had to dismount and walk up with bikes.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|The Wynyard Woodland Polar Express||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Two Parks of Delight||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Tour of East Leicester||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|