Coniston Water Shoreline Hugger
Wednesday 10th July at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|45 Mins||4 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
The Lake District
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Coniston Boating Centre Lake Road LA21 8AE
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 25 mins (45 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in The Lake District
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
This is a beautiful ride that is perfect for anybody who is wanting to enjoy a relaxing bike ride in the peaceful environment of Lake Coniston. This much quieter lake provides some great traffic free riding along its western shoreline. Starting and finishing at the Coniston Boating Centre we head south taking in amazing views of the Lake and the surrounding fells. There will be some time to enjoy a breather and some refreshments at the shore before we make our way back to Coniston.
Local Bike Hire
Coniston Boating Centre, tel 015394 41366 prior to the ride to book your bike.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome. Those under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated, you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start, Coniston Boating Centre, pay on exit
- Nearest Train Station
- Windermere Station, 9.4 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Coniston Boating Centre
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Rebecca Sharp
- Lance Greenhalgh
- Kevin Crawley