Saturday 31st August at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|75 Mins||8 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Outside Westbourne Library (opposite Sherrington Park) Sherrington Road IP1 4HT
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 45 mins (1 hours 15 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Ipswich
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
A gentle ride from Westbourne Library to Claydon and back in an eight mile loop. The quiet roads and traffic-free tracks are great for thick-wheeled bikes. There are also two parks on route that kids will love!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 do not need to register and must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Library car park if Library closed or surrounding streets
- Nearest Train Station
- Ipswich Railway Station, 1.3 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Kevin Hardwick
- David Triggs
Rider Comments on the Route
it was very good, despite the fact I was the only one who turned up but was looked after well
Great ride with helpful chatty/friendly leaders, even encouraged me to get up those darn hills :)
Nice easy pace, the leaders were very helpful. Good route that was slightly longer than advertised but a great time was had by all.
My first Sky Ride. Nice chatty bunch. Good route, well organised and safe. Looking forward to trying Sea Ships and Forts next.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Sunday 20th April at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|To the Ghost and Back||Sunday 20th April at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|
|Havering Country Park and Beyond||Sunday 25th May at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|