Windermere - The Shore Line
Friday 30th August at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||6 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
The Lake District
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Brockhole Visitor Centre Half way between Windermere and Ambleside on the A591, Windermere, LA23 1LJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in The Lake District
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
Come and join us on this amazing bike ride incorporating a boat trip across Windermere Lake. Starting from Brockhole Visitor Centre we head across Windermere lake to access the peaceful western shore. From here we make our way south on perfect surfaces designed with cyclists in mind to the impressive Wray Castle. With plenty to see at the Castle it will be the perfect time for a breather and refreshments before making our way back to Brockhole Visitor Centre. This route is just perfect for anybody visiting the Lakes and you will be surprised just what a difference a boat ride makes to take you away from the hustle and bustle of Bowness on the opposite side of the water!
Local Bike Hire
Advance booking for bike hire is available and bikes will be delivered to the start. Call Jack Holmes on 015394 41366.
Ferry tickets are included as part of the free guided ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome. Those under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated, you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the start point Brockhole Visitor Centre, pay on exit
- Nearest Train Station
- Windermere Station, 2.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at One in the car park, also in the Visitor Centre open at 10 o clock, also more in the gardens
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Richard Ingham
- Kevin Crawley
- Douglas Love
Rider Comments on the Route
Great Family Friendly ride, with excellent volunteers leading the group. Whole family enjoyed it. Only improvement would be slightly longer breaks to suit younger children.
We were just getting going when my chain snapped :-( Thanks for the friendly welcome.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Kendal to Sizergh Castle Loop - Historic House Car Boot and Bike Fest Ride||Saturday 10th May at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|
|Sizergh Castle to Damsons - Historic House Car Boot and Bike Fest Ride||Saturday 10th May at 11.00am||Steady||Read More|
|Ride to Force Crag Mine||Saturday 17th May at 11.00am||Steady||Read More|