A Taste of Ham
Saturday 24th August at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||5 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
Richmond upon Thames
- Starting Point & Postcode
- YMCA Hawker Centre Lower Ham Road KT2 5BH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Richmond upon Thames
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
A lovely gentle ride along the Thames from behind the Hawker Centre up to Ham House going past Teddington Lock, Ham Nature Reserve and Eel Pie Island. Here you can see a classic car in the back garden of Trevor Bayliss - the inventor of the wind-up radio, before we finally arrive at Ham House. No Ham or Eels to be eaten though so bring a snack and a drink for our short stop on the grass in front of the lovely Ham House.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome. Those under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated, you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at YMCA Hawker Centre
- Nearest Train Station
- Kingston Train Station, 1.4 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Philip Humphreys
- Lynne Judge
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Tour of East Leicester||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Two Parks of Delight||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Swithland Woods and Reservoir||Sunday 26th January at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|