Boat Race Ride
Saturday 20th July at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||6 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
Richmond upon Thames
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Wetlands Centre Queen Elizabeth’s Walk SW13 9WT
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Richmond upon Thames
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
This is a lovely flat off-road ride along the River Thames - perfect for anyone looking for some weekend fresh air and gentle exercise. We'll take in much of the four or so miles covered by the competitiors in the annual Varsity Boat Race between Oxford and Cambridge. It's a lot easier by bike!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome. Those under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated, you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Richmond Council have indicated that free parking for Skyriders is available at Tennis Court on RHS along Queen Elizabeth Walk. NB this is NOT the leisure centre at the end but about 200m before.
- Nearest Train Station
- Hammersmith Underground, 1.5 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Marek Dziurman
- Tamara Pizarro Fernandez
- John Tatam
- Bob Pannell
- Abdoullah Kheir
Rider Comments on the Route
Great ride, great leaders. Thx v much!
A lovely easy slow ride to get started. Very picturesque. Well led by a great team.
Nice leisurely ride along the river. Expect a little mud if it's been rainy.
I can't recommend this ride at all. To put a whole hoard of Skyriders on a very narrow walkway of the Thames where people often walk with children and their pets is madness! I nearly came off when some guy had his dog of the lead then came running towards me giving me no choice but to take evasive action but it could have brought the whole group down. Also we came back through the walkway for the second then third time. Some folk walking were not happy bunnies at all.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Tour of East Leicester||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Two Parks of Delight||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Swithland Woods and Reservoir||Sunday 26th January at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|