Sunday 20th October at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|100 Mins||11 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Manor Avenue car park Urmston M41 9JZ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 20 mins (1 hours 40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
A fantastic circular route using parts of the Trans Pennine Trail and some little used packed shale tracks over Carrington Moss. Our 11 mile ride also takes in quiet country lanes to the west of Altrincham where you'll find a great cafe stop at the Red House Farm Tearoom.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 do not need to register and must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Manor Avenue a few metres west of St. Clement's Church
- Nearest Train Station
- Urmston, 0.2 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Gerard Broughton
- Laurence Kitchinson
- Steve Williams
Rider Comments on the Route
Another great day out despite the weather, looking forward to the next one
Another great day with the team, looking forward to the next one