Threshold 10 (Hill) Training Ride
Thursday 25th April at 6.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||33 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
Unlimited places available
- Starting Point & Postcode
- A4 London Rd east of Reading, outside Frankie and Benny's restaurant, opposite BP station at the top of Shepherd's Hill. RG6 1BB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
- Group Name
- Dinton - There & Back Again
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in Reading
Reading Cycling Club hold a 'Chaingang' and other training rides every Thursday evening April to September, lengthening with the nights. This is a 'threshold' training circuit that will build up to, and eventually tackle, the full route of 10, 2-8% seated climbs to establish a rythym and develop leg power and lactate tolerance - very easy pace between 'Thresholds', i.e. 12-15 mph. Numbers match note track points on the BC'Sky mapping and 'bikely.com' sites route of the same name 'Threshold 10'. 1) WARM-UP: A329, Wokingham Rd; 2-4), SPEED/POWER: A4, London Rd, Shepherds Hill; 5) STAMINA: Caversham Park Rd; 6) STAMINA: Playhatch 'Hill'; 7) SPEED/POWER: Harpsden Way; 8) STAMINA: Aston Lane; 9) SPEED/POWER: School Hill; 10) SPEED/POWER: Milley Lane; 11) WARM-DOWN: Recovery Return. Essential to record each climb for Time, HR &/or Power (sports GPS ideal), to monitor progress over time. PS I, and my bike, do not like getting wet whilst training, so I will not start if rain is expected!! Remember lights to be seen by. Lights to see by should not be needed as i aim to finish before then ;)
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Cowley Road Condors Ladies networking ride||Sunday 20th April at 9.30am||Anyone||Read More|
|Edgware CTC - Old Windsor - Cookham - Rickmansworth||Sunday 27th April at 8.35am||Anyone||Read More|
|Wembley Space 4 Cycling Schools & Parks Safari||Saturday 26th April at 2.00pm||Anyone||Read More|