Recce 1: Epsom to the North Downs (Strong Plus)
Thursday 18th April at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|155 Mins||33 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
Epsom and Ewell
Unlimited places available
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Epson, Upper High Street car park. Car park charge of all day parking is £1. Nearest train station is Epsom (0.4 miles) KT17 4QJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 20 mins (2 hours 35 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
- Group Name
- Ride Leaders Recce
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in Epsom and Ewell
A challenging circular ride out from Epsom around the North Downs and local countryside before returning to the starting point. Within just a few miles we'll be in beautiful countryside, passing Epsom racecourse along the way and admiring many of the local villages in the area. This route has plenty of ascending and descending parts, including a challenging climb up onto Ranmore Common, so it is ideally suited for those wanting to stretch themselves. The 33 mile route is entirely on roads, so road bikes are recommended. Perfect for a blast of fresh air and a challenging ride out in great company!
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Wembley Space 4 Cycling Schools & Parks Safari||Saturday 26th April at 2.00pm||Anyone||Read More|
|Edgware CTC - Old Windsor - Cookham - Rickmansworth||Sunday 27th April at 8.35am||Anyone||Read More|
|Active Medway Cliffewoods Ride||Wednesday 23rd April at 6.15pm||Adult Only||Read More|