Birstall to Leicester Bike Park
Friday 12th April at 8.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|40 Mins||6 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Birstall Park and Ride Loughborough Road LE4 4NP
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 20 mins (40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
If you’ve thought about commuting by bike but are worried about which route to use or the busy traffic why not join our Ride Leaders on this free organised ride that will cycle a typical commuter route into the heart of the city.
This guided route will take you from Birstall Park and Ride car park right into the centre of Leicester town centre and up to the Bike Park. The route will take you on NCN6, through Abbey Park and continue on existing cycle paths to Leicester Bike Park. This means that even if you are not the most confident of cyclists you with feel safe and comfortable with this route.
*Please note that this is the inward portion of the journey*
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the Birstall Park and Ride, start location.
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station, 6 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at at the start location.
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Richard Himan
- Steve Hill