The "Lancaster Bomber"
Saturday 13th July at 10.15am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|180 Mins||15 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Glasson Dock is on the Lune Estuary, 4 miles (6.4km) south west of Lancaster. It is easily reached from Lancaster, or Cockerham to the south along the A588, but for our purposes take the M6 to Junction 33. Go north up the A6 to Galgate. Turn left at the lights and drive to the large car park in Glasson Dock. Simples! It’s about 45 mins from the Reebok Stadium on the M61. LA2 0AW
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 4 hours 0 mins (3 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Group Name
- Team Potty Mouth
- Ride Type
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
- Joining Options
Social Cycling Groups in Lancaster
Come and join team Potty-Mouth on a glorious 15 mile circular ride to the city of Lancaster. The route is almost entirely off road and largely flat, except for a smooth gravelled climb onto the breathtaking Lune Aqueduct and a steep downhill tarmac section to re-join the estuary on our return. We meet at Glasson Dock, with its famous Port of Lancaster Smokehouse where you can buy smoked meat, fish and other delicacies. From here we follow the old rail track alongside the Lune estuary into the city before passing the spectacular Millennium footbridge and then on surfaced cycle routes through the city until we reach the aqueduct. Here we climb the 61 foot rise onto the Lancaster Canal.
We’ll cycle along the towpath, calling in for a well-deserved libation at the Water Witch canal side pub. Then we follow the canal towards the hamlet of Aldcliffe and retrace our path back towards Glasson, calling for yet another well-deserved libation and possibly a snack at the Café de Lune at Condor Green.
This is a beautiful ride taking in stunning scenery, coastal views to the Lake District and a well maintained canal towpath for good measure. As it’s a week before Hazel’s birthday, there will be cake provided in case we get peckish en route!
- Starting Point
- Glasson Dock is on the Lune Estuary, 4 miles (6.4km) south west of Lancaster. It is easily reached from Lancaster, or Cockerham to the south along the A588, but for our purposes take the M6 to Junction 33. Go north up the A6 to Galgate. Turn left at the lights and drive to the large car park in Glasson Dock. Simples! It’s about 45 mins from the Reebok Stadium on the M61.
- Starting Postcode
- LA2 0AW
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|A ride along Blackpool's Prom from Squires Gate to Anchorsholme Park and back with the Bus Stop Bikers cycling group||Sunday 29th December at 11.30am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|
|Otley Cycle Club Social Series||Sunday 22nd December at 9.00am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|
|round and round the airport||Saturday 28th December at 11.30am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|