Discover the Fallowfield Loop - Debdale Park to Fallowfield
Tuesday 30th April at 6.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||8 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Debdale Park, Off Hyde Road, Wall Way, Gorton, Greater Manchester, M18 7LJ We'll meet in the car park. Coming far? The nearest train stations are Ryder Brow and Belle Vue approximately 5 - 7 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please see the National Rail Enquires website. Coming by car we're 3 minutes drive from the M60, junction 24. M18 7LJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Manchester
It's time to get your bike out of the shed - winter is finally over!!
Why not join us for a gentle ride following Queen Victoria Pendleton’s favourite route from Debdale Park to Fallowfield along the Fallowfield Loop line.
This ride follows a fairly flat route along the Fallowfield Loop cycle path. We'll meet in the car park next to the Outdoor Centre at Debdale Park for a quick bike check. Then we’ll head out passing Reddish and Levenshulme before arriving in Fallowfield.
We'll take a break at a local cafe for coffee and cake so please bring some money with you. There is bike parking outside the cafe so please bring a lock if you have one.
After a refreshing break we’ll head back the way we came. There are a couple of short inclines but we can get off the bike and walk if necessary.
Newcomers to Breeze rides are very welcome. We’ll always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
This is a gentle ride on a mostly well-surfaced and traffic free route, approx 8 miles. It’s perfect for beginners, children and anyone who’s not been on a bike for a while.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too!
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then. Please note all children under the age of 16 MUST wear a helmet.
Buy your own recycled bike:
Type your postcode in and search for your nearest bike recycling project. Click here!
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post us a message on Facebook
For more information on rides taking place in Greater Manchester please see our Facebook pages:
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Debdale Park, Off Hyde Road, Wall Way, Gorton, Greater Manchester, M18 7LJ We'll meet in the car park. Coming far? The nearest train stations are Ryder Brow and Belle Vue approximately 5 - 7 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please see the National Rail Enquires website. Coming by car we're 3 minutes drive from the M60, junction 24.
- Starting Postcode
- M18 7LJ
Meet the Champions
- Briony Farrell
- Jane McDowell
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Alexandra Park Easyrider||Saturday 15th March at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Mosey along the Middlewood Way||Saturday 15th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Tale of Two Parks||Saturday 15th March at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|