Friday 12th April at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||5 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Victoria Park Gates, last entrance on Cleckheaton Road Cleckheaton BD12 7AY
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Breeze Bike Rides in Bradford
We'll meet in the car park at 9.45am for a 10am start after a quick equipment check!
This is a nice gentle ride through the countryside. Totally traffic free on the purpose built Spen Valley Cycle track. We will complete approximately 10 miles during this round trip but please don't be put off by this it sounds longer than it feels. If anybody prefers to join us at Tescos and miss out 4 miles in total then please let me know beforehand, as this is fine. The pace is a nice gentle 'plod', ideal for beginners and can be shortened on the day if necessary.
Newcomers to Breeze rides are very welcome. It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too!
This ride is suitable for any type of bike. The pace is set at the speed of the slowest rider, which will be me!
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
My contact number on the day is 07450750873.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Victoria Park
- Nearest Train Station
- Brighouse Train Station, 3.3 miles
Meet the Champions
- Nicki Woods
Rider Comments on the Route
was an enjoyable ride for my daughter however a puncture spoilt my day but makes me remember to bring extras with me at all times. my thanks to the ride leaders who tried everything to get me started again. special thanks to richard. thanks
Even though it was a ride easy as it was on the flat and traffic free it could of been better if it was a bit longer,