Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill
Friday 24th May at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||10 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Opposite the Bolingbroke Academy on Wandsworth Common, corner of Wakehurst Rd and Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the Bolingbroke Academy on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove for a fun 9 mile ride including 2 parks and 2 commons, with one steep hill!
We will cycle over Wandsworth Common, then through back roads down to King George's Park in Wandsworth, where we will follow the Wandle Trail briefly, before taking quiet residential roads to Wimbledon Park.
From Wimbledon Park, we will take back roads up to Wimbledon Common - there is one steep hill here where we may have to push our bikes for a few minutes! Then we enjoy a lovely off-road section on (non-tarmac) bike paths on Wimbledon Common, past the Windmill to Wimbledon Village.
From the Village, we will cruise gently back downhill, through Wimbledon Park, and via quiet roads through Earlsfield and back up to Wandsworth Common, where we will end the ride with a cafe stop (optional but popular!)
Hybrids and mountain bikes are best for this ride, due to the off-road section on Wimbledon Common. Make sure your tyres, gears and brakes are all in good order to keep safe on the hills!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Judith and Jill
- Starting Point
- Opposite the Bolingbroke Academy on Wandsworth Common, corner of Wakehurst Rd and Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Bayswater - Richmond Pk with Helen||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Christmas Crazy Market Ride||Sunday 15th December at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|VeloVixen Christmas Special||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|