Basingstoke: Down Grange heading west
Wednesday 24th April at 6.15pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|85 Mins||15 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
Basingstoke and Deane
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Basingstoke Hockey Club, Down Grange Sports Complex, Maidenwell Pavillion, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 5SN We'll meet at the area by main entrance to Maidenwell Pavilion, south side opposite the entrance to the Astroturf pitch. RG22 5SN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 25 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Basingstoke and Deane
We'll meet outside the Hockey Club which is the building opposite the main entrance to the Astroturf pitch at Down Grange Sports Complex. If it is raining then there is cover in the entrance area. There is first come first served car parking and access for vehicles (including bikes!) is from the main Pack Lane entrance and follow the road around the athletics track and it will dead end in car parks by the Hockey Club building by the Astroturf pitch.
We'll aim for about 15 miles or so - road bikes and hybrids are suitable - route will be this or a slight variation, and a reasonable pace but not racing or hard road riding! As this is the first one we expect it to be steady/feel slow to seasoned riders. Level required is reasonable biking/general fitness per the midweek rides in September. If you are not sure if you are suitable contact us via facebook or email - or do a shorter weekend ride first. We completed this all in 1.5 hours roughly including any short stops to average 10mph overall.
Head out towards Oakley, do a loop exploring some nice Hampshire lanes, and then come back. Optional refreshment stop at the end at the Hockey Club. I will check that we can access the bar/catering outlets.
Advice for group riding from the Basingstoke Triathlon club here: http://www.basingstoketrisquad.co.uk/group-riding/
This is replicating the rides we completed mid week in September 2012.
Queries and feedback/requests welcome to Ruth - email@example.com/ 07876 35156 emergency number for the day
Look forward to seeing you there!
Keep in contact via www.facebook.com/breezingstoke and twitter @breezingstoke
- Starting Point
- Basingstoke Hockey Club, Down Grange Sports Complex, Maidenwell Pavillion, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 5SN We'll meet at the area by main entrance to Maidenwell Pavilion, south side opposite the entrance to the Astroturf pitch.
- Starting Postcode
- RG22 5SN
Meet the Champions
- Ruth Crawford
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Breeze from Wellington to South Hill Park||Saturday 15th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Winchester Cathedrals, Colleges and Cafes||Saturday 15th March at 9.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Let's Breeze At the Weekend in Woking||Saturday 15th March at 9.30am||Women Only||Read More|