The Wandle Trail to Morden Hall Park
Monday 13th May at 9.45am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||10 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on the Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 45 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
We’ll head over to Wandsworth Common and downhill to Earlsfield, from where we take the mostly traffic-free Wandle Trail to pretty Morden Hall Park. There’ll be chance to see the Parks wetlands, streams and beautiful scenery.
We’ll then head back using quiet roads and climb gently uphill through Furzedown and onto Tooting Graveney and Tooting Bec Common. We’ll then enjoy another traffic-free stretch before returning through Balham for our end-of-ride cafe stop at Pintus Cafe and Delicatessen on the Northcote Road.
The ride best suited to hybrids and mountain bikes as the Wandle Trail and Morden Hall Park stretches are un-surfaced with loose stones, and can be muddy after rain.
The ride is mostly flat with a slow climb up to Tooting Bec Common towards the end of the ride. Please feel free to get off your bike and push at this point.
The ride is approximately 10 miles.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Wearing a helmet is advisable as we will be out on the road. If you have a spare inner tube great please bring one along but not to worry if you don’t. It’s always good to take a few layers to cope with our British weather, a waterproof is always advisable.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on the Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Meet the Champions
- Vanessa Celosse
- Michelle Miller
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill||Monday 28th April at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Herne Hill Velodrome - Wheels for Wellbeing||Monday 28th April at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Velodrome and Beyond||Monday 28th April at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|