Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill
Monday 22nd April at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||9 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on the Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
A fun 9 mile ride including 2 parks and 2 commons, with one steep hill!
We will cycle over Wandsworth Common, then by back roads down to King George's Park in Wandsworth, where we will follow the Wandle Trail briefly, before taking quiet residential roads to Wimbledon Park.
From Wimbledon Park, we will take back roads up to Wimbledon Common - one steep hill here where we may push our bikes for a few minutes! Then we enjoy a lovely off-road section on (non-tarmac) bike paths on Wimbledon Common, past the Windmill to Wimbledon Village.
From the Village, we will cruise gently back downhill, through Wimbledon Park, and via quiet road through Earlsfield and back up to Wandsworth Common, where the ride will end with a well deserved cafe stop at the Common Ground cafe.
Hybrids and mountain bikes are best for this ride, due to the off-road section on Wimbledon Common. Make sure your tyres, gears and brakes are all in good order to keep safe on the hills!
- Starting Point
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on the Wandsworth Common, opposite the old Bolingbroke Hospital building on the corner of Wakehurst Road and Bolingbroke Grove
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Meet the Champions
- Vanessa Celosse
- Michelle Miller
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Breeze in the Park - Richmond Park (Tamsin Trail)||Saturday 8th March at 10.00am||Women and Children||Read More|
|The Wandle Trail to Morden Hall Park||Friday 14th March at 9.45am||Women Only||Read More|
|International Women’s Day Ride||Saturday 8th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|