Windermere Lakeshore to Wray Castle
Friday 12th April at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||8 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- We'll meet at the Tea Hut by the Lake Wardens(near the ferry)Bowness on Windermere, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 3JH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in South Lakeland
This is a beautiful ride along the back of England’s largest lake to Wray Castle and back. We will cross the lake on the ferry you will need £2 pounds for the ferry plus money for any snacks you buy there is a cafe at the castle.
The ride time will be dependent on ferry timings as it takes 20 mins to get from one side to the other there is an ice cream van and it’s a nice place to wait but please be aware that I cannot be too precise about the total duration of the ride. Approx 8 miles
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
For more information on rides taking place in Cumbria please see our Facebook pages:
Look forward to seeing you there.
- Starting Point
- We'll meet at the Tea Hut by the Lake Wardens(near the ferry)Bowness on Windermere, Windermere, Cumbria
- Starting Postcode
- LA23 3JH
Meet the Champions
- Eleanor Barlow
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Kendal Wanderer||Saturday 29th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Keswick Railway||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Cleator Moor, St Bees, Beckermet and back||Saturday 15th March at 11.00am||Women Only||Read More|