Guildford Downs Link Ride to Cranleigh
Tuesday 2nd April at 1.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|180 Mins||18 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Millbrook, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3UX We’ll meet on the junction with the turning to Yvonne Arnaud Theatre and Millbrook by the Guildford Borough Council Sign. GU1 3UX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 30 mins (3 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Guildford
This is an almost traffic free ride with very gentle hills from Guildford to Cranleigh approximately 18 miles round trip along cycle paths and the off road disused railway line forming the Downs Link. We pass near rivers, canals and some beautiful countryside.
We will meet up outside the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre at the junction with Millbrook. After checking our bikes are all in good working order we will head along the cycle path that will take us out to Shalford Park. We do have to cross a couple of busy roads on our way otherwise this ride is off road, though the majority of it is well surfaced.
We especially welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
Please remember to wear warm clothing as it may still be cool cycling, layers of clothing are a good idea. Bring a drink of water and maybe a snack to keep you going but we do intend stopping for refreshments. A spare inner tube/puncture repair kit is also a good idea but not essential.
Please also bring some money for well deserved refreshments as we will stop in Cranleigh at a local coffee shop before we make the return journey.
Wearing a helmet is advisable but not compulsory; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
As this ride will be around 18 miles, children over 10 welcome but must be accompanied by an adult and wear a helmet.
If you have any questions or for more information please see our Facebook page Breeze Network Woking.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Millbrook, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3UX We’ll meet on the junction with the turning to Yvonne Arnaud Theatre and Millbrook by the Guildford Borough Council Sign.
- Starting Postcode
- GU1 3UX
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Let's Breeze At the Weekend in Woking||Saturday 15th March at 9.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Woking Challenge Ride||Thursday 20th March at 9.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|West Green House||Thursday 13th March at 11.00am||Women Only||Read More|