Warthogs and Waterways
Wednesday 20th March at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Cheshire West and Chester
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Chester Zoo http://www.chesterzoo.org/ For map and directions by road http://www.chesterzoo.org/plan-your-visit/how-to-get-here/location-map Car parking is free. We will meet by the bike racks at the right hand side of the entrance plaza. CH2 1EU
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Cheshire West and Chester
This is a 15-mile ride on mainly tarmac surfaces which is suitable for most types of bike. It is a mixture of canal towpath, traffic-free pathways and quiet country lanes.
This delightful and interesting ride heads firstly along the Shropshire Union Canal towards Chester. On the outskirts of Chester we will take the Millennium Greenway out to Mickle Trafford and then follow quiet lanes through Picton to Stoak. Finally we will head back to the Zoo via another stretch of canal towpath. At the end of the ride there will be opportunity to have some refreshments in the coffeshop at the Bembe Kitchen (so bring some money) whilst watching the warthogs and marmots just outside the window! It is also possible to go and view the elephants free of charge or to peruse the Zoo gift shop.
I look forward to seeing you there!
(Mobile: 0780 4642922, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Starting Point
- Chester Zoo http://www.chesterzoo.org/ For map and directions by road http://www.chesterzoo.org/plan-your-visit/how-to-get-here/location-map Car parking is free. We will meet by the bike racks at the right hand side of the entrance plaza.
- Starting Postcode
- CH2 1EU
Meet the Champions
- Wendy Whitby
- Vicky Shearn
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Beeston Castle & The Ice Cream Farm||Saturday 3rd May at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|The Whitegate Way||Friday 25th April at 2.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Delamere Forest Bike Ride||Saturday 3rd May at 11.00am||Women Only||Read More|