Peeking at the Peaks!
Saturday 30th March at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|100 Mins||10 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car park near to Rosehill Train Station SK6 6EE
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 20 mins (1 hours 40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Come and join us on this completely off-road ride along the old Marple to Macclesfield railway line 'The Middlewood Way'. This route is the perfect way to enjoy a fun, rural bike ride. You'll have nothing to worry about but the view and possibly the llamas! The route edges along below the Peak District which can be seen shimmering in the background. The route is gravel and some mud so not suitable for road bikes and make sure your tyres are pumped up then just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point - Entrance to Middlewood Way and at Rosehill Railway Station
- Nearest Train Station
- Rosehilll Railway Station, 50m
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Laurence Moore
- Mark Royle Higginson
Rider Comments on the Route
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|