Leicester Countryside Ride
Sunday 21st April at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|180 Mins||30 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Bike Park Town Hall Square LE1 9BG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 4 hours 0 mins (3 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to know your way around a bike and be fairly fit to take part in our Challenging rides. If you’re comfortable riding with other people and fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you. They start at around twenty miles long, and are paced at between 11 and 12 miles an hour.
A superb half day tour of the quaint villages and countryside to the south-west of Leicester. This 29 mile route escapes Leicester via the excellent Great Central Way, a traffic-free former railway route. The route then joins a backroad loop taking in Blaby, Willoughby Waterleys, Ashby Magna and Dunton Bassett before reaching its most southerly point at Ullesthorpe, where a possible cake stop awaits at the garden centre cafe. After tea and cakes you'll head north on the quiet lanes across open farmland, passing through Frolesworth, Broughton Astley and Cosby, eventually reaching Whetston, where you'll retrace your tyre marks north on the Great Central Way to the finish at the Quay.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Rutland street NCP.
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station, 0.8miles
- Changing Facilities Available?
- Yes, at At Bike Park
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at At Bike Park
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Mike Vybiral
- Gina Vaughan
- Phil Broxton
Rider Comments on the Route
Nice pacy ride to Ullesthorpe from Leicester.
Nice ride through Leicestershire countryside - Thank you