Breeze Whinlatter winter night ride
Thursday 28th February at 6.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|50 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Whinlatter Forest, off Whinlatter Pass (B5292),Braithwaite, Cumbria, CA12 5TW We'll meet in the car park. CA12 5TW
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (50 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Allerdale
We’ll head off from Whinlatter forest on a classic blue trail (for beginners). It'll be dark so please bring lights with you (sorry we won't have any to lend on this ride!) The trail is a great one especially if you haven't sampled the delights of night riding before! The ride will be approximately 5 - 10 miles and the pace will be chilled and relaxed with plenty of time to chat.
Please pack a drink, snack and flask for a hot drink!
Mountain bike needed! All women welcome the ride will be weather dependant!
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Helen and Kath
Breeze champions and British Cycling Level 2 MTB Leaders
- Starting Point
- Whinlatter Forest, off Whinlatter Pass (B5292),Braithwaite, Cumbria, CA12 5TW We'll meet in the car park.
- Starting Postcode
- CA12 5TW
Meet the Champions
- Helen Aitchison
- Kath Pigdon