Newcastle Gateshead Quayside Loop
Saturday 27th April at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||12 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Spa Well Road, Winlaton Mill, Blaydon-On-Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE21 6RT We'll meet in the car park opposite Winlaton Mill Garage on the A694 NE21 6RT
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Gateshead
Starting from Derwenthaugh Park we will follow the cycle path down to the Tyne, travelling along the Gateshead side of the river, past the Metro Centre and down to Gateshead Quays. We'll cross over the Millennium Bridge and call in at the Cycle Hub http://www.thecyclehub.org/ for cake, coffee and chat (bring some money for refreshments). We'll head back along the north side of the river, via the Business Park and Scotswood Bridge.
This will be a leisurely ride of about 12 miles mainly on cycle path and nearly all flat. It's an urban ride and you'll find out how easy it is to get to the Metro Centre or Newcastle by bike but away from traffic. This is an ideal ride for beginners or if you've not been on a bike for a while. We’ll always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind. We really welcome newcomers to our rides.
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Spa Well Road, Winlaton Mill, Blaydon-On-Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE21 6RT We'll meet in the car park opposite Winlaton Mill Garage on the A694
- Starting Postcode
- NE21 6RT
Meet the Champions
- Johanna Philipson
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Sherburn to Seaham Circular||Sunday 23rd March at 11.00am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Cycle Hub to Bill Quay Farm||Saturday 29th March at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Valley Views||Sunday 16th March at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|