The road from Wigan Pier
Monday 13th May at 6.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|50 Mins||5 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street), the post code below should take you near to the carpark by the canal and Trencherfield Mill. WN3 4ET WN3 4ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (50 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
This is an easy ride along canal towpath from Wigan Pier to Crooke Hall Inn and then return. This ride is very flat taking the sights of the Leeds Liverpool Canal in along the way with a mid way point arriving at Crooke. This ride is suitable for most bikes, with imprinted concrete path for the majority of the ride. The total ride is approximately 5 miles and is a nice introductory to the Breeze bikes rides or a good one to complete following a hard day's work.
Children are welcome but helmets must be worn by under 18's and bikes are not provided. Bring money if you want to stop for a drink midway and at the end. It is advisable to bring a spare inner tube just in case and a drink for along the way. It would also be useful to have lights as although this is traffic free it maybe dusk when we finish.
Any questions contact Sandra via email: email@example.com
For more information on rides near you please see our North West Facebook pages:
Please log on www.breezebikerides.com and register on the ride to secure a place
- Starting Point
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street), the post code below should take you near to the carpark by the canal and Trencherfield Mill. WN3 4ET
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 4ET
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
- Joanne Kinnear
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Tale of Two Parks||Saturday 15th March at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Breeze Challenge Ride for Women - Dunham Dauphiné||Sunday 16th March at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Dover 'Longer' Rover||Saturday 22nd March at 11.00am||Women and Children||Read More|