Morning ride to Speedgate Cafe, Brands Hatch
Wednesday 20th February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|200 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Boat House, Danson Park, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8HL Coming far? The nearest train station is Bexleyheath which is approximately 7 minutes ride away. For more information please see the National Rail Enquires website. Need a bike? Please see Kent County Council website for a full list of bike hire available. DA6 8HL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 50 mins (3 hours 20 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Bexley
This is a morning ride to Speedgate Cafe, Brands Hatch. Leaving the busy roads of Bexley behind us we’ll soon be out on the single track country lanes of Kent. This route is quite hilly so you will have earned your cake by the time we get to the cafe. Speedgate Cafe is a popular stop for bike riders so you get a good chance to check out some lovely bikes.
The route is about 26 miles long & suitable for all types of bikes. Ladies must be reasonably confident cycling on the roads for this ride.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
Everyone’s welcome – look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- The Boat House, Danson Park, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8HL Coming far? The nearest train station is Bexleyheath which is approximately 7 minutes ride away. For more information please see the National Rail Enquires website. Need a bike? Please see Kent County Council website for a full list of bike hire available.
- Starting Postcode
- DA6 8HL
Meet the Champions
- Gill Harker
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 26th May at 8.30am||Ride 100 training ride||Challenging||Read More|
|Monday 27th May at 10.30am||Danson Park to Birchwood Golf Club||Steady||Read More|
|Monday 3rd June at 10.30am||Danson Park to Oxleas Wood||Easygoing||Read More|