Saturday 6th April at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||8 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Eastham Rake train station, Eastham Rake, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 9AL The ride departs from Eastham Rake train station at 10.00am. Myself and Emma Thompson who are the Breeze Champions leading on this ride will be setting off from Liverpool Central train station on the 09.30 train, so for anyone travelling from Liverpool they are welcome to join us at the ticket office at 09.15 to ensure we make the train on time. CH62 9AL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wirral
For those who haven’t visited Port Sunlight, this will be a real treat – built by Lord Lever as a ‘model village’ in the late nineteenth century to house workers of the Lever (now Unilever) factory, this village is famous for its architectural and planning merits. We will also take some time to visit the Lady Lever Gallery, which has a delightful collection of fine and decorative art, and the building itself is lovely.
For those who would like to, we can also find somewhere in the village to have a hot drink and a snack before setting off back to Liverpool via Port Sunlight station, or for those who would prefer to drive an d park at Eastham Rake station, this is only 2 stops on the line from the village.
It is likely to be cold, so please dress with extra layers which you can always remove if the cycling warms you up enough! Also, warm gloves are essential as this is the part of your body most likely to suffer when cycling in the cold weather. Apart from this, you will only need to bring yourself, your bike and helmet if you have one, and some money if you will be travelling by train or if you want to buy a hot drink or snack when we stop.
Please note: the total duration of the ride is 3 hours including travel time and an hour to stop in Port Sunlight and look around the Lady Level gallery.
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
Look forward to seeing you there.
- Starting Point
- Eastham Rake train station, Eastham Rake, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 9AL The ride departs from Eastham Rake train station at 10.00am. Myself and Emma Thompson who are the Breeze Champions leading on this ride will be setting off from Liverpool Central train station on the 09.30 train, so for anyone travelling from Liverpool they are welcome to join us at the ticket office at 09.15 to ensure we make the train on time.
- Starting Postcode
- CH62 9AL
Meet the Champions
- Gemma Jerome
- Emma Thompson
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|50 miles on Easter Monday, burn off those easter eggs!||Monday 21st April at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|The Marina Pootle||Thursday 17th April at 1.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Sefton Park to the End of the Riverside Prom||Wednesday 23rd April at 5.00pm||Women and Children||Read More|