Cruise to Carats and back - beginners and family friendly ride
Thursday 21st February at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||? Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Peace Statue (the angel) on the seafront, Kingsway, Brighton, Hove, BN3 2WN Opposite the Embassy Court building and in front of The Meeting Place Cafe BN3 2WN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Brighton
Bit of Half Term fun...
Blow away the cobwebs with this family friendly ride along Hove seafront. Using the Sustrans National Route 2, we'll use mainly seafront cycle paths to get from the Peace Statue at the border between Brighton and Hove to Carat's cafe in Southwick (and then back again after some refreshments!).
The route is all flat, but the wind can make cycling in one direction a bit harder than the other; the wind usually blows in the direction that makes returning to Hove from Southwick much easier, thankfully.
As this is the school holidays, feel free to bring your children along (but note that under 16s must wear a cycling helmet to join in).
Wearing a helmet for adults is also advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack (though we will be stopping at Carat's cafe for cake and a drink!). Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too!
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
Look forward to seeing you there.
- Starting Point
- Peace Statue (the angel) on the seafront, Kingsway, Brighton, Hove, BN3 2WN Opposite the Embassy Court building and in front of The Meeting Place Cafe
- Starting Postcode
- BN3 2WN
Meet the Champions
- Mandy Buxton
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|SANTA CYCLE - Henfield to Shoreham Airport - Downs Link||Saturday 14th December at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Worth Way Wanderer||Saturday 7th December at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Henfield to Shoreham Airport - Downs Link Cycle Route||Saturday 28th December at 8.30am||Women Only||Read More|