Wharfedale Breeze: Ilkley to Bolton Abbey
Saturday 30th March at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|110 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Meet at the Packhorse Bridge, Denton Road side (roughly LS29 0DA) - opposite junction of Denton road and Clifford Road. LS29 0DA
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (1 hours 50 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Bradford
This ride takes the back road route from Ilkley to Bolton Abbey. It follows meandering lanes through the villages of Nesfield and Beamsley, with beautiful views over the River Wharf; At the end of Beamsley Lane we will avoid the busy A59 by turning onto a cycle path which will take us down to Bolton Bridge, where we will rejoin the road into Bolton Abbey village. At Bolton Abbey we will continue on to the Cavendish Pavilion Cafe on the banks of the River Wharfe. After a rest and refreshment stop we will return to Ilkley by the same route. The ride is a round trip of 13 miles.
This is a road ride and although it isn't a busy road the ride does involve dealing with some traffic so you need to have some experience of riding on the road, although you'll have the support of the Leader and group. This is Yorkshire and there are hills, but you can rest at the top, or get off and walk up the hill! On Breeze rides we always go at the speed of the slowest person so you won't be left behind!
All women are welcome on this ride, including newcomers to Breeze rides.
What to bring
You need to have a bike that it’s in good working order and to dress appropriately for the weather: several thin layers are good, so you can add/remove them as needed; a shower-proof jacket might come in handy too! Wearing a helmet is advisable. Please bring some water and a snack to top up your energy levels.
Contact tel. number 07725 743305.
I look forward to meeting you and riding with you!
- Starting Point
- Meet at the Packhorse Bridge, Denton Road side (roughly LS29 0DA) - opposite junction of Denton road and Clifford Road.
- Starting Postcode
- LS29 0DA