Thursday 2nd May at 12.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||9 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- We meet at 11.30 at the Preston Canal basin at the bottom of Shelley Road PR1 7JP PR1 7JP
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 10 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Preston
Join us for this 6 mile ride along the Canal . We meet at the start of the Canal at the bottom of Shelley Road.
Our route will include the beautiful Haslam Park, the canal and a short stint on the Guild Wheel. The ride takes us along the canal paths in Preston and to the UCLan sports arena and then along the canal back to the basin on Shelley Road. This route is not suitable for bikes with road tyres,. Mountain bikes and hybrids are best for this route whch is all off road.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
We may get chance to stop so please bring some money for refreshments.
Follow us on Twitter @BreezePreston
For more information on rides taking place in Lancashire please see our Facebook pages:
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- We meet at 11.30 at the Preston Canal basin at the bottom of Shelley Road PR1 7JP
- Starting Postcode
- PR1 7JP
Meet the Champions
- Melissa Brown
- Danielle Palmer