Sunday Social Ride - Leicester Forest Cycling Club
Sunday 24th February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|150 Mins||20 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Unlimited places available
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Desford Crossroads (at the bus stop opposite the A47 Petrol Station, postcode LE9 9JE LE9 9JE
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 30 mins cycling)
- Group Name
- Leicester Forest Cycling Club
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in Leicester
Cafe stop included.
Meeting point is Desford Crossroads (at the bus stop opposite the A47 Petrol Station, postcode LE9 9JE at 10.00am returning to the same place for approximately 1.00pm.
Average pace is 10-12mph however the ride will always be kept as a group and the speed adjusted on the day to support the riders at the back.
Ideal ride for everyone looking to enjoy a leisurely Sunday group ride or initially wanting to join a slower paced ride until they are confident of joining the faster paced club rides.
Non members are welcome as are mountain bikes.
At least one Leicester Forest Sunday Ride Leader will be available to guide you around the route, keep the group together and to help those who encounter mechanical difficulties, punctures, etc.
All juniors under the age of 18 years may join the ride providing they bring along a signed parental consent form which can be downloaded and printed from the club website, see the link below. Juniors under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For new riders,we recommend you bring water or an energy drink to keep you hydrated throughout the ride. Carrying a spare inner tube and pump with you is also advisable. Please also bring enough money for yourself if you wish to purchase tea/coffee/cake etc at the cafe.
So what are you waiting for, come out and enjoy a Sunday social ride with Leicester Forest Cycling Club
- Starting Point
- Desford Crossroads (at the bus stop opposite the A47 Petrol Station, postcode LE9 9JE
- Starting Postcode
- LE9 9JE
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Rugby - Rutland Water loop - start in Rugby - 100mile challenge||Sunday 27th April at 8.30am||Anyone||Read More|
|Spatrail||Saturday 17th May at 2.00pm||Anyone||Read More|
|Cycle Rotherham-Clifton Park social ride||Sunday 11th May at 10.00am||Anyone||Read More|