Livingston Sky Employee Strong Ride
Saturday 16th March at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|150 Mins||27 Miles||13+ (children 13-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Ride Strong Challenging rides on the road Although you probably wouldn't describe yourself as the next Bradley Wiggins you know your way around a bike and consider yourself to be fairly fit. You've also enjoyed the experience of riding with other people and now fancy a fresh challenge that includes teaming up with a group of people who feel the same way as you. You'll get a fresh perspective on your local area on rides lasting from one and a half to two and a half hours spending most of your time on quiet roads.. If you fancy the prospect of a brisk to speedy pace over twenty to thirty miles, with a strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, then Ride Strong is for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Sky 2 Mcintosh Road, Kirkton Campus EH54 7BW
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 10 mins (2 hours 30 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Edinburgh
A fantastic circular route leaving the busy livingston roads behind. Heading out of West Lothian though West Calder passing the 5 Sisters. We will head out in to the wilderness to the Lanarkshire village of Forth, returning past the recently placed Blacklaw windfarm and old mining towns of Faulhouse, Stoneyburn and Blackburn. so pull out the bike and lets get going!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point
- Nearest Train Station
- Livingston North Station, 3 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Andrew Williams
- Reuben Millward
- Cliff Smith
- Bryan Harte
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 2nd June at 2.00pm||Hawkshead, Sawrey and Windermere Lakefront||Steady||Read More|
|Sunday 30th June at 2.00pm||Elterwater to Skelwith Bridge Peaceful Ride||Easygoing||Read More|
|Sunday 16th June at 2.00pm||Coniston Circuit||Steady||Read More|