Rivington Reservoir Ramble
Thursday 14th February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|50 Mins||7 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Rivington Hall Barn Rivington BL6 7SB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (50 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Bolton
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This route is perfect for families that want to explore Rivington without climbing the pike. The route stays mostly on bridleways so can get a bit bumpy, and don’t be put off if it rains as this is a great ride for putting on the waterproofs and having a splash in some puddles. Starting at Rivington Hall Barn, we will head along the hill without having to climb up all the way to the back of Blackrod School. We will then cross over Rivington Lane and head along the reservoir passing the Go Ape! tree-top adventure area before heading back.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Rivington Hall Barn and along lane leading to the Barn
- Nearest Train Station
- Adlington, o/s Railway Station, 2.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Rivington Hall Barn
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Jim Taylor
- Mike Bower
Rider Comments on the Route
The guides are superb and very friendly. They were very patient as we had to stop a couple of times because of my son who was not very confident on his bike. I'm hoping that with more of these rides, he will start building up his courage. Thanks you Sky Ride!
Excellent ride for newcomers to off road riding. Possibly a little short but easy to add extra distance if required.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Pennine Escape||Sunday 9th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|