Bolton Lads and Girls go to Lostock
Wednesday 13th February at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||7 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Chorley Street Car Park Chorley Street BL1 4AG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Bolton
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This route is ideal for families looking to get out and about and explore their local area. Setting out from just behind Bolton Lads & Girls Club we’ll quickly get away from the hustle and bustle of Bolton Town Centre and head for a taster of Queen's Park, before continuing towards the Middlebrook Valley Trail. Once on the Trail we will cruise between the canal and the train tracks all the way to Lostock Village for a little rest before making the return journey.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the start, Chorley Street car park, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Trinity Street Station, 0.7 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Inside Bolton Lads & Girls Club
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Ian Parkinson
- Laurence Moore
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|