Old Mineral Line Thurcroft-Langold
Saturday 2nd February at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|130 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Start is signed, just after Railway Bridge on Steadfolds Lane, Thurcroft, Rotherham, S66 9LX. There is ample parking space here too S66 9LX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 10 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Rotherham
This is a gentle, relaxed pace ride along the disused Old Mineral Railway Line for 4 miles. We then pick up the lanes of Woodsetts, Gildingwells and Letwell, returning to off road to take the track to cosy Langold cafe! We retrace partway to Letwell then finish off with the lovely, if dragging route from Firbeck to Laughton, with a free wheel finish to Thurcroft! Approximately 16 miles in total. Clothes to match weather, and with some open roads helmets are advisable. Let’s get back into action!
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
Look forward to seeing you there.
- Starting Point
- Start is signed, just after Railway Bridge on Steadfolds Lane, Thurcroft, Rotherham, S66 9LX. There is ample parking space here too
- Starting Postcode
- S66 9LX
Meet the Champions
- Christina Orange
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 19th May at 10.45am||Holmebrook Valley Park Cafe Ride||Easygoing||Read More|
|Saturday 25th May at 10.30am||Chesterfield Canal||Steady||Read More|
|Tuesday 21st May at 7.00pm||Evening Breeze through Chatsworth||Easygoing||Read More|