Tour of the Test Valley - Strong Plus
Sunday 28th April at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||21 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- In front of the Sainsbury's store at the Lords Hill District Centre, Lords Hill Centre West SO16 8HY
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Southampton
You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to know your way around a bike and be fairly fit to take part in our Challenging rides. If you’re comfortable riding with other people and fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you. They start at around twenty miles long, and are paced at between 11 and 12 miles an hour.
This 21 mile road route heads out from the Sainsbury's store at the Lords Hill District Centre into the rolling lanes and villages of the Test Valley including part of The Test Way. As we head off, enjoy wonderful riverside views, perhaps catching a glimpse of salmon fishing on the Test. It is a wonderful exploration on rural roads of the beautiful Test Valley including historic Romsey.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the Lords Hill District Centre
- Nearest Train Station
- Southampton Central, 4 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at In the Sainsbury's store cafe
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Dilys Gartside
- Peter French