Manchester Airport Orbital Ride
Saturday 16th February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||8 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wythenshawe Forum Centre Forum Square M22 5RX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 20 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
A ride with a difference, skirting the perimeter of Manchester Airport, on eight miles of quiet lanes, cycle paths and off-road trails. From the gentle rolling cycleway you'll be able to watch the arrivals and departures at one of the UK's busiest airports, while the airport's viewing park and the tourist hotspot of Quarry Bank Mill provide the stopping points.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Wythenshawe Forum
- Nearest Train Station
- Heald Green Station, 1 mile
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Ian Gent
- Laurence Moore
- Guy Lowe
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Two Parks of Delight||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Tour of East Leicester||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|The Wynyard Woodland Polar Express||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|