Clapham Common to Westminster and back via Battersea Park
Friday 1st February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office. SW4 7AJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Lambeth
A ride along quiet back roads (Sustrans London Cycle Route 3) through Clapham, Vauxhall and Kennington - a constantly changing urban landscape - emerging on to the Embankment at Lambeth Bridge. Great views of Parliament and the London Eye as we walk our bikes over Lambeth Bridge, then head back through quiet Westminster streets along the north bank of the Thames, past Tate Britain and Dolphin Square.
Lots of river views on the final section of the ride along the shared cycle/pedestrian path on the Chelsea Embankment, before crossing over to the south bank of the river on London's prettiest bridge - the Albert Bridge. We then do a traffic free circuit of Battersea Park and return to Clapham Common for our cafe stop at the Bandstand Cafe.
This ride is all on tarmac, so suitable for all types of bike, including road bikes.
We'll look forward to seeing you there!
Jill and Michelle
Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ
- Starting Point
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office.
- Starting Postcode
- SW4 7AJ
Meet the Champions
- Jill Dicker-Solderer
- Michelle Miller
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Monday 20th May at 10.00am||Wandsworth to Hammersmith Bridge along the River Thames||Steady||Read More|
|Friday 24th May at 10.00am||Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill||Steady||Read More|
|Tuesday 21st May at 6.30pm||The Wandle Trail from Colliers Wood||Steady||Read More|