Cannock Chase Valleys Ride
Saturday 26th January at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||12 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Cannock Chase Visitors center (café) Marquis Drive Outside café.(Not Birches Valley) Free parking on the side of road. or free car park 50 yards further on or £2 car park at café. WS12 4PW
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Group Name
- Chase Riders
- Ride Type
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
- Joining Options
Social Cycling Groups in Cannock Chase
Starting at Marquis' Drive café (NOT BIRCHES VALLEY) we head along Sherbrook valley and across the stepping stones and on up to Severn springs. Next stage is going up Abraham's valley hills then past cadet range corner and on to Tackeroo camp site then down to Fairoak fishing pools and on to Birches Valley and a stop at the café. Homeward bound back past Fairoak pools up the hill and back to Marquis' Drive.
We take in three of the Valleys on the Chase on this trail, riding through a mixture of woodlands and open heathland on tracks and fire roads with the chance of seeing some of the local Deer.
All off road so only bikes with off road tyres.
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not worry as you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
- Starting Point
- Cannock Chase Visitors center (café) Marquis Drive Outside café.(Not Birches Valley) Free parking on the side of road. or free car park 50 yards further on or £2 car park at café.
- Starting Postcode
- WS12 4PW
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.