Baildon village & Shipley Glen circular
Saturday 2nd February at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Old Glen House, Shipley Glen. There is roadside parking along Shipley Glen and a couple of off-road car parks, including one adjacent to the Old Glen House. BD17 5BN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Bradford
Join me for this short, but exhilarating, scenic road ride across Baildon Moor and Shipley Glen.
Starting at the Old Glen House on Shipley Glen- where we'll do a bike check - we'll set off along Lucy Hall Drive towards Baildon village. Once in Baildon village we'll take the road onto the moor and then back towards Shipley Glen. This ride is on-road all the way. It's a nice, straightforward route with some great views.
This is a moor-top ride and there are hills, which we can tackle at a slow pace, or on foot if necessary - we'll go at the pace of the slowest rider. It's a relatively easy ride on a fairly well-surfaced road. The road can get busy on a Sunday aftrnoon. The total length of the ride is around 4.5 miles. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to try out a short road ride with a bit of oomph!
We will have a refreshment stop at the end of the ride. We can either go in the cafe next to the Old Glen House (if it's open) or we can cycle down the path alongside the Shipley Glen tramway for refreshments in Saltaire village (but beware - if you've parked on Shipley Glen you'll have to cycle back up again!).
All women are welcome on this ride whatever your level of ability or experience - just as long as you have access to a bike and are able to ride it! We really welcome newcomers to our rides.
What to bring
You need to have a bike that is in good working order and to dress appropriately for the weather: several thin layers are good, so you can add/remove them as needed; a shower-proof jacket might come in handy too! Wearing a helmet is advisable. Please bring some water, maybe a snack to top up your energy levels
and some money for a cafe stop.
Contact tel. number 07725 743305.
I look forward to meeting you and riding with you!
- Starting Point
- The Old Glen House, Shipley Glen. There is roadside parking along Shipley Glen and a couple of off-road car parks, including one adjacent to the Old Glen House.
- Starting Postcode
- BD17 5BN
Meet the Champions
- Anna Green
- Elaine FranC