Wandsworth to Hammersmith Bridge along the River Thames
Friday 15th February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the Bolingbroke Academy at the top of Wakehurst Rd. SW11 6HN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
A pretty nine mile, mostly flat ride, along the river from Wandsworth to Hammersmith Bridge and back again.
We start at Wandsworth Common, using back roads and shared cycle/pedestrian paths to avoid the busy Wandsworth one way system and take us through Wandsworth Park along the Thames to Putney Bridge. Here we will walk our bikes over the busy A3 and down to Putney Embankment (start point for the Oxford-Cambridge boat race), from where we have a lovely scenic ride past the rowing clubs and then along the off-road Thames Path to Hammersmith Bridge.
We will walk our bikes over Hammersmith Bridge, and then potter along the back roads on the Fulham side of the river, passing the River Cafe and Fulham Football Ground before enjoying views of the river again in Bishops Park.
From Putney Bridge, we will take back roads round the Hurlingham Club, before crossing Wandsworth Bridge on the cycle path, and finishing with a cafe stop at the Birdhouse Cafe at 123 St John's Hill, next to the London Cycle Workshop.
This ride is best suited to hybrid or mountain bikes, due to the off-road section from Putney to Hammersmith.
Wrap up warm (it's winter - do bring full finger gloves and wear warm socks. Consider headband or helmet liner to keep your ears warm under your helmet).
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
Everyone’s welcome – look forward to seeing you there!
Judith and Jill
- Starting Point
- Wandsworth Common, Bolingbroke Grove, Wandsworth, London, SW11 6HN We'll meet on Wandsworth Common, opposite the Bolingbroke Academy at the top of Wakehurst Rd.
- Starting Postcode
- SW11 6HN
Meet the Champions
- Judith Kent
- Jill Dicker-Solderer
- Michelle Miller
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Bayswater - Richmond Pk with Helen||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Christmas Crazy Market Ride||Sunday 15th December at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|VeloVixen Christmas Special||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|