Alton Water 360!
Saturday 2nd February at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||7 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Alton Water Park Main Car Park, next to Cafe/Centre Holbrook Road IP9 2RY
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 50 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Ipswich
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Set in the beautiful Suffolk countryside, Alton Water is the largest area of inland water in Suffolk and this off-road ride is the perfect way to see it. At 7 miles long, this is a great way to get out on the bike with family and friends and experience the amazing sights and sounds of Mother Nature at her finest. Bring a sandwich and a drink as there are plenty of places to stop and admire the view on this fabulous off-road route.
Bike Hire is available at this location. Please follow the following link for further details: http://www.altoncyclehire.co.uk/prices.html
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point, next to Cafe/Centre and other car parks around the reservoir, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Ipswich Manningtree Station, 10 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at yes at the main entrance car park
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Carol Nicholls
- Trudi C
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - South Havering Circular||Sunday 23rd March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Essex Ramble||Sunday 16th March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Essex Ramble||Sunday 30th March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|